Colliding beam detectors for the SSC (Superconducting Super Collider) [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- After a brief discussion of the requirements for the detectors to be used at the SSC, the components of a typical detector are discussed individually, and how they may fit into a full detector is indicated. The requirements indicated include the ability to detect and measure the directions and energies of quarks, gluons, leptons and photons; ability to handle appropriately high energies and high luminosities; and affordability, buildability, and operability. The components discussed include tracking detectors (such as drift chambers, calorimeters, lepton identification and energy measurement systems, triggering, and a 4..pi.. detector. (LEW)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1986., "lbl-22384", " conf-8606259-2", "DE87007176", Theoretical Advanced Study Institute conference, Santa Cruz, CA, USA, 23 Jun 1986., and Trilling, G.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402194