Proton and alpha particle response characteristics of CR-39 polymer for reactor and dosimetry applications [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Proton and alpha particle response characteristics of CR-39 polymer for reactor and dosimetry applications have been investigated. The investigation included measurement of track etch rate as a function of proton and alpha particle energy. A calibration curve of track diameter versus proton energy is presented. The promising capabilities for reactor proton spectrometry and passive fast-neutron personnel dosimetry techniques are discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "hedl-sa-1804", " conf-790765-1", 10. international conference on solid state nuclear track detectors, Lyons, France, 2 Jul 1979., Gold, R.; Ruddy, F. H.; Preston, C. C., San Francisco Univ., CA (USA), Hanford Engineering Development Lab., Richland, WA (USA), and Macalester Coll., Saint Paul, MN (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402215