Front-end data processing the SLD data acquisition system [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The data acquisition system for the SLD detector will make extensive use of parallel at the front-end level. Fastbus acquisition modules are being built with powerful processing capabilities for calibration, data reduction and further pre-processing of the large amount of analog data handled by each module. This paper describes the read-out electronics chain and data pre-processing system adapted for most of the detector channels, exemplified by the central drift chamber waveform digitization and processing system.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-4020
E 1.99: conf-8605164-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2. topical seminar on perspectives for experimental apparatus at future high energy machines, San Miniato, Italy, 5 May 1986.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402233