Forward spectrometers at the SSC [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Most of SSC phase space and a great deal of physics potential is in the forward/backward region (absolute value of theta < 100 mrad). Comprehensive open-geometry spectrometers are feasible and very cost effective. Examples of such devices are sketched. Because such spectrometers are very long and may operate at high ..beta.. and longer bunch spacing, they impact now on SSC interaction - region design. The data acquisition load is as heavy as for central detectors, although there may be less emphasis on speed and more emphasis on sophisticated parallel and/or distributed processing for event selection, as well as on high-capacity buffering.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Workshop on triggering, data acquisition and computing for high energy/high luminosity hadron-hadron colliders, Batavia, IL, USA, 11 Nov 1985.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402294