Operation of the Brookhaven MPS II Facility [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The BNL Multiparticle Spectrometer has recently been equipped with a set of narrow cell drift chambers employing a novel, compact, inexpensive, readout scheme. This has given an order of magnitude improvement in beam rate as well as better spatial resolution. Two experiments have been completed in the first year of operation, a good test of the system. This type of a drift chamber arrangement is ideal for use at high luminosity hadron colliders.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1983., "bnl-33326", " conf-830718-1", "DE83015383", International Europhysics conference on high energy physics, Brighton, UK, 20 Jul 1983., and Longacre, R.S.; Etkin, A.; Foley, K.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402543