High-luminosity considerations [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 2 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- There appears to be some controversy over how high a luminosity one can use before a variety of detector limitations impose a practical limit. Factors leading to flux limitations for a variety of detector types are discussed, and practical considerations to extending those limits are reviewed. Also, a method of reducing the effects of pileup inherent in calorimeter use at L = 10/sup 33//cm/sup 2//sec is given.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
DPF summer study on elementary particle physics and future facilities, Aspen, CO, USA, 28 Jun 1982.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402650