Sub-nanosecond plastic scintillator time response studies using laser produced x-ray pulsed excitation [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The light emission time response of quenched NElll plastic scintillators has been measured using a streak camera (20 ps resolution) and 100 to 180 ps, 1.06 ..mu..m, laser-produced, pulsed, low energy x-ray excitation. Each light output pulse was obtained by deconvolution from the film data using the x-ray temporal response measured with an x-ray sensitive streak camera (10 ps resolution). Time response parameters are presented for benzophenone and acetophenone, quenching agents which most effectively reduce the decay time of the singlet component. Full width-half-maximums less than or equal to 260 ps were observed for NElll samples quenched with greater than or equal to 2 percent benzophenone. Results are given for unquenched samples consisting of different concentrations of butyl-PBD in PVT and for the phosphor ZnO doped with Ga.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-78835
E 1.99: conf-761006-17
- Other Subject(s):
- Plastic Scintillation Detectors
- Time Resolution
- Scintillation Quenching
- Streak Photography
- Timing Properties
- X-Ray Detection
- Zinc Oxides
- Measuring Instruments
- Organic Compounds
- Oxygen Compounds
- Radiation Detection
- Radiation Detectors
- Scintillation Counters
- Solid Scintillation Detectors
- Zinc Compounds
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Nuclear science, scintillation and semiconductor counter symposium, New Orleans, LA, USA, 20 Oct 1976.
Lerche, R.A.; Tirsell, K.G.; Tripp, G.R.; Cheng, J.C.; Lyons, P.B.; Lent, E.M.; Hocker, L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14402978