Response of ultrafast scintillators [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Measurements of the properties of subnanosecond, quenched NE111 plastic scintillators with various concentrations of acetophenone and benzophenone are presented. These quenching agents have been found to very significantly decrease the NE111 decay time. Measurements are made using UV and laser produced x-ray radiations. The scintillations are detected using a visible streak camera with 10 ps resolution. The paper will include measurements of: (1) 10-90 percent rise time, (2) FWHM, (3) decay time, (4) relative scintillator efficiencies, (5) amplitudes vs. time measurements of the long decay component. All temporal measurements are obtained from a gold cathode ultrafast x-ray streak camera, and the detailed x-ray energy spectrum above 1 keV is also measured using an array of x-ray PIN diodes equipped with the appropriate K-edge filters. Details of the experimental measurements are discussed and anticipated applications are included.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-77745
E 1.99: conf-760828-12
- Other Subject(s):
- Plastic Scintillation Detectors
- Timing Properties
- Laser Radiation
- Pulse Rise Time
- Streak Photography
- X-Ray Detection
- Electromagnetic Radiation
- Measuring Instruments
- Organic Compounds
- Radiation Detection
- Radiation Detectors
- Scintillation Counters
- Solid Scintillation Detectors
- Published through SciTech Connect.
12. international congress on high speed photography, Toronto, Canada, 1 Aug 1976.
Lerche, R.A.; Tirsell, K.G.; Tripp, G.R.; Cheng, J.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14403028