Radioactive foil analysis of 1.5 GeV proton bombardment of a Hg target [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The number of reactant nuclei in a series of foils surrounding a container of Hg that has been bombarded by 1.5 GeV protons is calculated and compared to experimental measurements. This is done to aid in the validation of the Hg cross sections used in the design studies of the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS). It was found that the calculations match the measurements to within the uncertainties inherent in the analysis.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/cp--99623
E 1.99: conf-980921--
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Nuclear applications of accelerator technology, Gatlinburg, TN (United States), 20-23 Sep 1998.
Charlton, L.A.; Glasgow, D.C.; Gabriel, T.A.; Jerde, E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14403533