Radioisotope Power System Facility shielding analysis [electronic resource].
- Pittsburgh, Pa. : Westinghouse Electric Corporation, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A series of calculations for the Radioisotope Power System Facility have been performed. These analyses have determined the shielding required for storage, testing, and transport of /sup 238/Pu heat source modules using the Monte Carlo code MCNP3B. The source terms and the assumptions used have been verified by comparison of calculated dose rates with measured ones. This paper describes the methodology used for shielding designs and the utilization of available variance reduction techniques to improve the computational efficiency. The new version of MCNP (MCNP3B) with a repeated structure capability was used. It decreased the chance for computer model errors and greatly decreased the model setup time. 2 refs., 3 figs., 2 tabs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:whc-sa-0385
E 1.99: conf-890408-16
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Advances in nuclear engineering computation and radiation shielding, Santa Fe, NM, USA, 9-13 Apr 1989.
Lu, A.H.; Morford, R.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14404072