Characterization of an aged WESF capsule [electronic resource].
- Albuquerque, N.M. : Sandia National Laboratories, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 41 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A joint effort by SNLA and ORNL was initiated for a detailed characterization of an 18-year-old WESF /sup 137/Cs source which has been used in the Sandia Irradiator for Dried Sewage Solids. The study included evaluation of the inner and outer stainless steel capsules by optical metallography, electron microprobe, and physical testing. Analysis of the residual atmospheres within the two containers was also done. The CsCl was analyzed for isotopic content and impurities. No potential problem areas, including corrosion, were found.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1983., "sand-83-0928", "DE83016519", and Kenna, B.T.; Schultz, F.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14404442