Support for Students and Young Scientists to Participate in the 2009 Actinides Conference to be held in San Francisco, CA, Sunday, 12 July 2009 – Friday, 17 July 2009 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 17.9kb : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Berkeley
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Early career scientist were provided support to attend and participate in the Actinides 2009 (AN2009) International Conference held in San Francisco, California from 12-17 July 2011. This is the premier conference in the field of actinide chemistry, physics, and materials science of the actinide elements. Participation in the preeminent scientific meeting in actinide science keeps the U.S at the forefront of developments in this key field. The specific involvement of early career scientists combats the loss of expertise in the aforementioned critical areas related to f-element chemistry such as energy, homeland, and environmental security. Without these trained scientists, the U.S. will not be able to properly exploit nuclear technology to its fullest and will not be able to address its energy needs in either an environmentally safe or cost–effective manner nor will it be able to provide for its national defense. Furthermore, the early career scientists added greatly to the scientific content of the meeting and stimulates early career scientists to remain in the filed of actinide science. Providing support for participation in the AN2009 Conference via registration fee waivers, hotel cost support, and travel cost support, was extremely effective in securing the participation of early career scientists that would have not otherwise been able to attend.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Raymond, Kenneth N.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 07/01/2009 - 06/30/2010
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14404561