Insanitary city : Henry Littlejohn and the condition of Edinburgh / Paul Laxton and Richard Rodger
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Revealing the Insanitary City -- 2.Public health and medical police before the 1850s -- 3.Littlejohn's inheritance -- 4.`The property of the public': the Report acclaimed -- 5.Urban management in the age of Littlejohn -- 6.Littlejohn and public health in Edinburgh after 1865 -- Facsimile: Report on the Sanitary Condition of Edinburgh, 1865 -- Identifying the different editions of Littlejohn's Report -- Explanatory notes on the facsimile.
- Littlejohn, Henry (Henry Duncan), 1826-1914. Report on the sanitary condition of the city of Edinburgh
- Public health—Scotland—Edinburgh—History—19th century
- History, 19th Century
- Public Health—history
- Urban Health—history
- Edinburgh (Scotland)—Social conditions—19th century
- 9781859362204 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 439-453) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14405026