- Machine generated contents note: 1.Frugal innovation: a disruptive growth strategy -- The rise of the frugal economy -- Doing better with less -- Unusual frugal competitors -- Conclusion -- 2.Principle one: engage and iterate -- A costly and rigid R&D model -- A market-focused, agile R&D model -- Back-end innovation: improving execution agility -- Recommendations for managers -- Conclusion -- 3.Principle two: flex your assets -- The rise of frugal manufacturing -- Creating a frugal supply chain -- A frugal services revolution -- Frugal organisations -- Recommendations for managers -- Conclusion -- 4.Principle three: create sustainable solutions -- Essential -- not optional -- sustainability -- The rise of the circular economy -- Widening the sharing economy -- From the circular to the spiral economy -- Recommendations for managers -- Conclusion -- 5.Principle four: shape customer behaviour -- Three contradictions of contemporary consumption -- Shaping consumers' energy use -- DIY health care -- Socialising education -- Breaking (bad) financial habits -- Recommendations for managers -- Conclusion -- 6.Principle five: co-create value with prosumers -- The rise and rise of the prosumer -- The rise of the horizontal economy -- Empowering and engaging prosumers -- Multiple customer roles -- Conclusion -- 7.Principle six: make innovative friends -- The hyper-collaboration imperative -- Six ways to hyper-collaborate -- Getting hyper-collaboration right -- Conclusion -- 8.Fostering a frugal culture -- Evolutionary change -- The "what": bold commitment and dynamic goal setting -- The "how": adopting disruptive business and mental models -- The "why": the foundation of change management -- Conclusion -- 9.Conclusion.
- 9781610395052 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 221-228) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the John and Renee Kelly Libraries Collection Endowment for the Business Library; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- John and Renee Kelly Libraries Collection Endowment for the Business Library
View MARC record | catkey: 14405403