Neuropathology Simplified [electronic resource] : A Guide for Clinicians and Neuroscientists / by David A. Hilton, Aditya G. Shivane
- Hilton, David A.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 247 pages 29 illustrations, 26 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Shivane, Aditya G. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Normal Histology and Commonly Used Stains -- Basic Pathologic Reactions -- Requesting and Interpreting Pathological Tests -- Vascular Diseases -- Infections -- Tumours of Nervous System -- Demyelinating Diseases -- Epilepsy -- Skeletal Muscle Diseases -- Peripheral Nerve Diseases -- Metabolic, Toxic and Nutritional Diseases -- Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Trauma -- Paediatric Diseases -- Autopsy.
- This book provides the reader with an up-to-date, practical and succinct overview of basic neuropathology. It does not replace large reference textbooks in neuropathology but emphasizes key concepts and basic principles including recent advances, genetics and classification, and discusses important aspects of specific neuropathological disorders. It also gives practical hints on aspects of neuropathology, including how to best use the neuropathology service and interpret the results of pathological tests. The reader will gain a sufficiently broad basic knowledge of neuropathology which will be of use in their future clinical careers. Neuropathology Simplified is aimed at trainees and residents in neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry around the world. It may also be of use to basic scientists involved in neuroscience research and also to general histopathology trainees and residents.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14405703