Characterization of Vadose Zone Sediments Below the T Tank Farm [electronic resource] : Boreholes C4104, C4105, 299-W10-196, and RCRA Borehole 299-W11-39.
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report was revised in September 2008 to remove acid-extractable sodium data from Tables 4.8, 4.28, and 4.52. The sodium data was removed due to potential contamination introduced during the acid extraction process. The rest of the text remains unchanged from the original report issued in September 2004. The overall goal of the Tank Farm Vadose Zone Project, led by CH2M HILL Hanford Group, Inc., is to define risks from past and future single-shell tank farm activities at Hanford. To meet this goal, CH2M HILL Hanford Group, Inc. tasked scientists from Pacific Northwest National Laboratory to perform detailed analyses on vadose zone sediments from within Waste Management Area (WMA) T-TX-TY. This report is the second of two reports written to present the results of these analyses. Specifically, this report contains all the geologic, geochemical, and selected physical characterization data collected on vadose zone sediment recovered from boreholes C4104 and C4105 in the T Tank Farm, and from borehole 299-W-11-39 installed northeast of the T Tank Farm. Finally, the measurements on sediments from borehole C4104 are compared with a nearby borehole drilled in 1993, 299- W10-196, through the tank T-106 leak plume.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnnl-14849 rev. 1
pnnl-14849 rev. 1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"pnnl-14849 rev. 1"
Lindenmeier, Clark W.; Serne, R. Jeffrey; Lanigan, David C.; Brown, Christopher F.; Geiszler, Keith N.; Valenta, Michelle M.; Bjornstad, Bruce N.; Clayton, Ray E.; Kutnyakov, Igor V.; Baum, Steven R.; Lindberg, Michael J.; Orr, Robert D.; Horton, Duane G.; Schaef, Herbert T.; Legore, Virginia L.; Vickerman, Tanya S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14408182