EMPIRICAL RATE EQUATION MODEL & RATE CALCULATIONS OF HYDROGEN GENERATION FOR HANFORD TANK WASTE [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 126 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Environmental Management and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Empirical rate equations are derived to estimate hydrogen generation based on chemical reactions, radiolysis of water and organic compounds, and corrosion processes. A comparison of the generation rates observed in the field with the rates calculated for twenty-eight tanks shows agreement within a factor of three. Revision 1 incorporates the available new data to update the equations. It also includes the contribution from total alpha to radiolysis.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/29/2004., "hnf-3851, rev.1", "DE-AC27-99RL14047", HU, T.A., and CHG (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 09/29/2004 - 09/29/2004
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14409207