Transducer Abrasion test results in support of ultrasonic inspection of Double Shell Tanks (DST) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- CH2M HILL (Firm), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Identification of questionable ultrasonic data on 241-AN-105 lead to suggestions that the ultrasonic transducers were not properly installed causing excessive wear. This report documents the testing to validate the source of the improper data as being transducer wear. The results of the testing indicated that the wear influenced the data results and subsequently the analysis of the corrosion on the subject DST.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:rpp-14505, rev.0
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 02/01/2003 - 02/01/2003
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14410181