Dynamic Modeling of Radioactive Melter Off-Gas Systems [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Savannah River Site, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Dynamic models to simulate the performance of off-gas treatment and control systems for the High Level Waste (HLW) and Low Activity Waste (LAW) melters in the proposed Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site have been developed using Aspen Custom Modeler(TM). The models are designed to give accurate pressure drops through the off-gas equipment and to show the dynamic behavior of gas pressure and flow during startup, normal operation, steam surges, and off-normal operation such as fan failures, and to evaluate the performance of proposed control strategies. This paper describes these models and presents some simulation results.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/06/2003., "wsrc-ms-2002-00961", Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference, Orlando, FL (US), 03/30/2003--04/03/2003., and Smith, F.G. III.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14412295