Plutonium Can-In-Canister-Design Basis Event Analysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 61 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Yucca Mountain Project Office, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The purpose of this document is to perform a preliminary design basis event (DBE) analysis of the immobilized plutonium (can-in-canister) waste form to be referred to in this analysis as high level waste/plutonium (HLW/Pu). The objective of the analysis is to determine any preclosure safety impacts of the waste form on the Monitored Geologic Repository (MGR). The scope of this analysis is to determine the offsite dose consequences and associated frequencies of selected DBEs for systems handling disposable canisters that bound all surface and subsurface off-normal events, and to compare these results against regulatory limits. The results of this work are preliminary and are intended to be used to establish a set of preliminary MGR and waste form requirements, to identify mitigation or prevention options that may be required to meet regulatory limits, and to provide input to the Site Recommendation (SR) report. This document is prepared in accordance with the associated development plan (Civilian Radioactive Waste Management System Management and Operating Contractor [CRWMS M&O] 1999e).
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl-wps-se-000002, rev 00
anl-wps-se-000002, rev 00
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"anl-wps-se-000002, rev 00"
Kaplan, G.; Tsai, S.S.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14412725