Test plan for measuring ventilation rates and combustible gas levels in TWRS active catch tanks [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Hanford Site (Wash.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The purpose of this test is to provide an initial screening of combustible gas concentrations in catch tanks that currently are operated by Tank Waste Remediation System (TWRS). The data will be used to determine whether or not additional data will be needed for closure of the flammable gas unreviewed safety question for these facilities. This test will involve field measurements of ammonia, organic vapor, and total combustible gas levels in the headspace of the catch tanks. If combustible gas level in a tank exceeds an established threshold, gas samples will be collected in SUMMA canisters for more extensive laboratory analysis. In addition, ventilation rates of some catch tanks will be measured to evaluate removal of flammable gas by air flow through the tanks.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/20/1999., "hnf--4082--rev0", and NGUYEN, D.M.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14412976