Waste Isolation Pilot Plant Site Environmental Report for 1998 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 261 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This 1998 annual Site Environmental Report (SER) was prepared in accordance with U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Order 5400.1, ''General Environmental Protection Program''; DOE Order 231.1, ''Environmental Safety and Health Reporting''; the ''Environmental Regulatory Guide for Radiological Effluent Monitoring and Environmental Surveillance'' (DOE/EH-0173T); and the Environmental Protection Implementation Plan (DOE/WIPP 96-2199). The above orders and guidance documents require that DOE facilities submit an SER to DOE Headquarters, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Environment, Safety, and Health. The purpose of the SER is to provide a comprehensive description of operational environmental monitoring activities, an abstract of environmental activities conducted to characterize site environmental management performance, to confirm compliance with environmental standards and requirements, and to highlight significant programs and efforts of environmental merit at WIPP during calendar year ( CY) 1998. The content of this SER is not restricted to a synopsis of the required data. Information pertaining to new and continued monitoring and compliance activities during CY 1998 are also included.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Westinghouse Government Environmental Se.
Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, Carlsbad, NM (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14414175