Design Feature Evaluation No.9 and No.10 Timing of Repository Closure-Maintenance of Underground Featured and Ground Support [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Yucca Mountain Project Office, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of the Design Feature Evaluation No.9, Timing of Repository Closure is to assess the changes in selected performance criteria resulting from consideration of a Monitoring Phase of up to 300 years, as opposed to the 100-year period from initiation of waste emplacement used in the VA Reference Design. Design Feature No.10, Maintenance of Underground Features and Ground Support has been combined with Feature No.9 to determine the potential this engineered feature may have for enhancing extended repository operability. Evaluation of Feature No.10 includes impact to maintenance requirements specific to repository emplacement drift ground support components for extending the preclosure period from 100 to 300 years. This analysis is to provide input to the License Application and Design Selection (LADS) on the relationship between the timing of the repository closure (the length of the Monitoring Phase) and selected performance criteria. The determination of the potential of these design features and alternatives may provide input to produce an acceptable reference design for License Application (LA).
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:vcah00000-01717-2200-00001 rev 00
vcah00000-01717-2200-00001 rev 00
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"vcah00000-01717-2200-00001 rev 00"
Roger L. Keller.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14414406