Underground storage tanks/efficient separations accomplishments [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Efficient Separation-Integrated Program (ESP-IP) and the Underground Storage Tank-Integrated Demonstration (UST-ID). This paper reviews the accomplishments and future directions of the programs at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). The five major ESP-IP projects are (1) the sludge washing and dissolution of ORNL Melton Valley Storage Tanks (MVST) Waste, (2) the aluminum removal from washed sludge, (3) the formation of colloids in sludge washing, (4) the alkaline-side extraction of actinides and technetium from tank waste using crown ethers and other extractants, and (5) integrated program coordinator support. The five principal UST-ID projects are (1) the Nitrate to Ammonia and Ceramic (NAC) process, (2) the comprehensive demonstration of sludge and supernate processing, (3) the technical interchange with the Commissariat a l`Energie Atomique (CEA), (4) the TRUEX data collection and model validation, and (5) the Waste Processing and Disposal Program (WPDP). Finally, a planned Request for Expression of Interest (REI) on organic destruction is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1993., "conf-9308180--1", "DE94000334", 9. annual model conference on waste management and environmental restoration,Oak Ridge, TN (United States),23-26 Aug 1993., and McGinnis, C.P.; Hunt, R.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14415070