Geotechnical analysis report, July 1992--June 1993 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 95 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report provides an assessment of the geotechnical status of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP). During the construction of the principal underground access and experimental areas, reporting was on a quarterly basis. Since 1987, reporting has been carried out annually because additional excavations will take place gradually over an extended period. This report presents and analyzes data collected up to June 30, 1993. The format of the Geotechnical Analysis Report was selected to meet the needs of several audiences. This report focuses on the geotechnical performance of the various underground facilities including the shafts, shaft stations, access drifts, test rooms, and waste storage areas. The results of excavation effects investigations, stratigraphic mapping, and other geologic studies are also included. The report provides an evaluation of the geotechnical aspects of performance in the context of the relevant design criteria and also describes the techniques used to acquire the data and the performance history of the instruments. The depth and breadth of the evaluation for the different underground facilities varies according to the types and quantities of data that are available, and the complexity of the recorded geotechnical responses.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 01/01/1992 - 12/31/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14416017