Risk analysis and solving the nuclear waste siting problem [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In spite of millions of dollars and countless human resources being expended on finding nuclear wastes sites, the search has proved extremely difficult for the nuclear industry. This may be due to the approach followed, rather than inadequacies in research or funding. A new approach to the problem, the reverse Dutch auction, is suggested. It retains some of the useful elements of the present system, but it also adds new ones.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:wsrc-ms--93-523
E 1.99: conf-940501--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
9. Pacific basin nuclear conference,Sydney (Australia),1-5 May 1994.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14416051