Description of a Multipurpose Processing and Storage Complex for the Hanford Site`s radioactive material [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The mission of the US Department of Energy`s (DOE) Hanford Site has changed from defense nuclear materials production to that of waste management/disposal and environmental restoration. ne Multipurpose Processing and Storage Complex (MPSC) is being designed to process discarded waste tank internal hardware contaminated with mixed wastes, failed melters from the vitrification plant, and other Hanford Site high-level solid waste. The MPSC also will provide interim storage of other radioactive materials (irradiated fuel, canisters of vitrified high-level waste [HLW], special nuclear material [SNM], and other designated radioactive materials).
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1993., "whc-sa--1773", " conf-930749--2", "DE93016475", 34. annual meeting of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management,Scottsdale, AZ (United States),18-21 Jul 1993., and Wolfe, B.A.; Nyman, D.H.; Hoertkorn, T.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14416321