Teaching and learning at a distance : what it takes to effectively design, deliver, and evaluate programs / Thomas E. Cyrs, editor
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 125 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Cyrs, Thomas E.
- New directions for teaching and learning ; no. 71
- Part one: Issues and trends -- Issues and trends to take us into the twenty-first century / George P. Connick -- Part two: Instructional design principles for distance learning -- Competence in teaching at a distance / Thomas E. Cyrs -- Interactivity: from agents to outcomes / Ellen D. Wagner -- Visual thinking: Let them see what you are saying / Thomas E. Cyrs -- Student-centered instruction for the design of telecourses / M. Winston Egan, Gordon S. Gibb -- Learner development: beyond the technology / Darcy Walsh Hardy, Mary A. Boaz -- Part three: Alternative delivery systems for distance learning --Teaching by television / Virginia A. Ostendorf -- Teaching by telephone / Christine H. Olgren -- The Internet: a learning environment / Rory McGreal -- Networked learning environments / Alan G. Chute, Pamela K. Sayers, Richard P. Gardner -- Administrative issues for the distance instructor -- Evaluating teaching and learning at a distance / Michael R. Simonson -- Copyright: opportunities and restrictions for the teleinstructor / Janis H. Bruwelheide -- Distance learning and the digital library: transforming the library into an information center / Roberta L. Derlin, Edward Erazo --Managing information resources and services in a distance environment / Robert S. Tolsma.
- 0787998842 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1441636