Tank waste pretreatment issues, alternatives and strategies for resolution [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The US Department of Energy (DOE) has established the Tank Waste Remediation System (TWRS) to safely manage and dispose of the Hanford Site tank waste. The overall strategy for disposing of tank waste is evolving and initial recommendations on a course of action are expected in March, 1993. Pretreatment of these wastes may be required for one or both of the following reasons: (1) resolution of tank safety issues, and (2) preparation of low level and high level waste fractions for disposal. Pretreatment is faced with several issues that must be addressed by the deployment strategies that are being formulated. These issues are identified. There is also a discussion of several pretreatment deployment strategies and how these strategies address the issues. Finally, the technology alternatives that are being considered for the pretreatment function are briefly discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:whc-sa--1837
E 1.99: conf-930205--66
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Waste management `93,Tucson, AZ (United States),28 Feb - 4 Mar 1993.
Appel, J.; Miller, W.C.; Barton, W.B.; Orme, R.M.; Holton, L.K. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14416405