Radioactive Waste Management Complex low-level waste radiological performance assessment [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 458 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report documents the projected radiological dose impacts associated with the disposal of radioactive low-level waste at the Radioactive Waste Management Complex at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory. This radiological performance assessment was conducted to evaluate compliance with applicable radiological criteria of the US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency for protection of the public and the environment. The calculations involved modeling the transport of radionuclides from buried waste, to surface soil and subsurface media, and eventually to members of the public via air, groundwater, and food chain pathways. Projections of doses were made for both offsite receptors and individuals inadvertently intruding onto the site after closure. In addition, uncertainty and sensitivity analyses were performed. The results of the analyses indicate compliance with established radiological criteria and provide reasonable assurance that public health and safety will be protected.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:egg-wm--8773
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Rood, A.S.; Sussman, M.E.; Magnuson, S.O.; Bhatt, R.N.; Maheras, S.J.
EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 04/01/1994 - 04/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14417091