Waste management plan for environmental monitoring in Waste Area Grouping 6 at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 52 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The main purpose of this Waste Management Plan is to identify the waste that is expected to be generated in connection with the surface and groundwater monitoring at Waste Area Grouping 6 and to indicate the method of disposal. Another purpose of this plan is to identify the organization, responsibilities, and administrative controls that will be followed to ensure proper handling of the waste. The WAG 6 environmental monitoring project consists of a preparation phase and a monitoring phase. During the preparation phase, 6 new wells and 9 piezometers will be installed, 15 wells that have not been used recently will be redeveloped, and a surface water monitoring station will be constructed. The monitoring phase will include sampling of groundwater and surface water. The groundwater monitoring program will include 19 downgradient wells, 11 upgradient wells, and 15 wells located in the interior of the WAG 6 area. The current program calls for upgradient wells to be sampled semiannually for the contaminants of concern listed in Table 1 and geochemical parameters. The downgradient and interior wells will be sampled and analyzed quarterly for contaminants of concern and geochemical parameters. The surface water monitoring program will include samples from 12 monitoring sites. Samples will be taken following storm events and analyzed for radionuclides, total suspended solids, volatiles, and geochemical parameters.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1994., "ornl/er--192", and "DE94010028"
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 03/01/1994 - 03/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14417126