Nevada test site experience with greater confinement disposal [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- At the NTS, we consider Greater Confinement Disposal (GCD) to be a good waste management practice rather than a disposal technology. This is an important distinction because it redefines the nature of GCD. All disposal facilities operate under the principal of ''as low as reasonably achievable'' (ALARA) in reducing personnel and public exposures. ALARA is not a technology or method but a principal put into practice. We view GCD in the same manner.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. annual participants' information meeting of the DOE Low-Level Waste Management Program, Denver, CO, USA, 22 Sep 1986.
Boland, J.R.; Dickman, P.T.
Reynolds Electrical and Engineering Co., Inc., Las Vegas, NV (USA)
USDOE Nevada Operations Office, Las Vegas
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14418614