Comprehensive low-level radioactive waste management plan for the Commonwealth of Kentucky [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 180 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Part I of the Comprehensive Low-Level Radioactive Waste Management Plan for the Commonwealth of Kentucky discusses the alternatives that have been examined to manage the low-level radioactive waste currently generated in the state. Part II includes a history of the commercial operation of the Maxey Flats Nuclear Waste Disposal Site in Fleming County, Kentucky. The reasons for closure of the facility by the Human Resources Cabinet, the licensing agency, are identified. The site stabilization program managed by the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Cabinet is described in Chapter VI. Future activities to be conducted at the Maxey Flats Disposal Site will include site stabilization activities, routine operations and maintenance, and environmental monitoring programs as described in Chapter VII.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1984., "doe/id/12348-t6", "DE84014712", Mills, D.; Perkins, C.; Carr, R.M.; Riddle, R., and Kentucky Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Cabinet, Frankfort (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14418973