Commercial waste treatment program annual progress report for FY 1983 [electronic resource].
- Richland, Wash. : Pacific Northwest Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 136 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This annual report describes progress during FY 1983 relating to technologies under development by the Commercial Waste Treatment Program, including: development of glass waste form and vitrification equipment for high-level wastes (HLW); waste form development and process selection for transuranic (TRU) wastes; pilot-scale operation of a radioactive liquid-fed ceramic melter (LFCM) system for verifying the reliability of the reference HLW treatment proces technology; evaluation of treatment requirements for spent fuel as a waste form; second-generation waste form development for HLW; and vitrification process control and product quality assurance technologies.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnl-4963
- Other Subject(s):
- Alpha-Bearing Wastes
- Waste Forms
- Ceramic Melters
- Pilot Plants
- Radioactive Waste Processing
- High-Level Radioactive Wastes
- Research Programs
- Borosilicate Glass
- Electric Furnaces
- Functional Models
- Radioactive Materials
- Radioactive Wastes
- Waste Management
- Waste Processing
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Burkholder, H.C.; McElroy, J.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14418978