CIF (Consolidated Incineration Facility) offgas components test facility [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (3 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company, United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Consolidated Incineration Facility (CIF) is planned for start-up at the Savannah River Site in 1993. The CIF has a unique offgas system design utilizing state-of-the-art technology and experience gained from other radioactive/hazardous waste incinerators. A high efficiency steam-atomized offgas scrubber with separate quench and scrubber liquid recirculation loops will be used. The Offgas Components Test Facility (OCTF), a 1:10 scale CIF offgas system, will evaluate operating performance of the proposed CIF system design. The primary objectives for the OCTF include demonstration of system operability, equipment performance evaluation, and CIF start-up support. The OCTF will also demonstrate to the public our commitment to operate the CIF in a manner that meets all environmental emission requirements. The CIF will treat solid and liquid RCRA hazardous and mixed wastes, and reduce the volume of low-level beta-gamma contaminated wastes. This facility can process 560,000 ft³/yr of variability in physical and chemical characteristics of the waste feed, a rotary kiln with a secondary combustion chamber and wet offgas scrubbing system was selected. This design will insure maximum processing versatility. 1 fig.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1990., "wsrc-tr-90-533", "DE91006581", and Burns, D.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14419269