Sensitivity calculations for low heat generating defense waste repository temperatures [electronic resource].
- Aiken, S.C : Savannah River Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Savannah River Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Repository temperatures were calculated for Savannah River wastes by using both two- and three-dimensional numerical schemes. The error introduced by using the simpler and more efficient two-dimensional models is less than the present uncertainties introduced by waste power generation and host rock properties. Waste canister temperatures were found to be relatively insensitive to geometric asymmetry and model detail.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "dp-ms-80-4", " conf-800723-14", 19. national heat transfer conference, Orlando, FL, USA, 27 Jul 1980., and Tennant, M H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14419599