Survey of microbial degradation of asphalts with notes on relationship to nuclear waste management [electronic resource].
- La Jolla, Calif. : Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 37 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A survey has been made of the microbial degradation of asphalts. Topics covered include chemical and physical properties of asphalts, their chemical stability, methods of demonstrating their microbial degradation, and environmental extremes for microbial activity based on existing literature. Specific concerns for the use of asphalt in nuclear waste management, plus potential effects and consequences thereof are discussed. 82 references.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Molecke, M.A.; ZoBell, C.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14419816