Descriptions of reference LWR facilities for analysis of nuclear fuel cycles [electronic resource].
- Columbus, Ohio : Battelle Memorial Institute, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 528 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- To contribute to the Department of Energy's identification of needs for improved environmental controls in nuclear fuel cycles, a study was made of a light water reactor system. A reference LWR fuel cycle was defined, and each step in this cycle was characterized by facility description and mainline and effluent treatment process performance. The reference fuel cycle uses fresh uranium in light water reactors. Final treatment and ultimate disposition of waste from the fuel cycle steps were not included, and the waste is assumed to be disposed of by approved but currently undefined means. The characterization of the reference fuel cycle system is intended as basic information for further evaluation of alternative effluent control systems.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Schneider, K.J.; Kabele, T.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14421331