Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) Household-Based Person Trip Survey, 1994 [electronic resource] / Burton Ehrmann
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2013.
- Additional Creators:
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
- Restrictions on Access:
- AVAILABLE. This study is freely available to ICPSR member institutions.
- The Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) is the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the southeast region of Michigan. This region encompasses the counties of Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Livingston, St. Clair, Washtenaw, and Wayne (including the City of Detroit). Created in 1968, SEMCOG's planning responsibilities include the collection and maintenance of a comprehensive transportation, demographic, environmental, and economic development database for advancing regional policies and plans, and review and approval of applications for federal transportation funds. The 1994 survey was undertaken to provide SEMCOG with new travel behavior data to assist in updating the region's transportation models. This data collection includes socioeconomic, travel, and mobile source emissions models for projecting future patterns of development, travel, congestion, and air pollution. Information about household characteristics and travel was collected using a one-day, activity-focused diary and a separate household survey. In an activity diary, respondents were asked about each activity they undertook during the day. Travel was assessed as the process of getting from one activity to another. Therefore, the trips reported in this document were generated by pairing activities to form a trip origin and destination. Demographic information includes age, gender, number and age of children, school enrollment status, employment status, occupation, household income, and type of household dwelling. Cf.: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR34911.v1
- Other Subject(s):
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2015-01-05.
- Type of File/Data:
- Other Forms:
- Also available as downloadable files.
View MARC record | catkey: 14423490