Spokane and Kootenai County Regional Travel Survey, 2005 [electronic resource] / Johanna Zmud
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2013.
- Additional Creators:
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
- Restrictions on Access:
- AVAILABLE. This study is freely available to ICPSR member institutions.
- The Spokane and Kootenai County Regional Travel Survey, 2005, is a comprehensive survey of the travel patterns of households in Spokane County, Washington and Kootenai County, Idaho. The survey was conducted for the Spokane Regional Transportation Council (SRTC) over a three-month period, from April through June 2005. The data are drawn from 1,828 households within Spokane and Kootenai counties and contain information about 4,488 household members, 3,974 vehicles, and details regarding 19,638 trips made during a 24-hour period. The survey relied on the willingness of study area residents to (1) provide demographic information about the household, its members, and its vehicles during the recruitment stage, and (2) record all travel for a specific 24-hour period during the retrieval stage. Respondents were asked to provide detailed household information, including number of occupants, type of dwelling unit, number of vehicles available to household occupants, as well as the year and body type for each vehicle. Following the initial recruitment phase, survey participants received mailed questionnaires to aid in documenting travel information during the 24-hour assessment period. Respondents were instructed to record their mode of transportation, trip purpose, departure and arrival times, number of passengers, and parking cost. Demographic information for this study includes age, income, education, and employment status. Cf.: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR34690.v1
- Other Subject(s):
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2015-01-05.
- Type of File/Data:
- Other Forms:
- Also available as downloadable files.
View MARC record | catkey: 14423494