Appropriating Hemingway : using him as a fictional character / Ron McFarland
- McFarland, Ronald E.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 270 pages ; 23 cm
- Appropriating Ernest Hemingway -- Young Hemingstein -- Hemingway makes the twenties roar -- Hemingway and the threatening thirties -- Ernest Hemingway: our man in Havana -- Sci-fi Papa; or, Hemingway in speculative fiction -- With Hem obsessed -- Hemingway on stage, screen and television -- Hem among the poets.
- "In more than 30 novels, several short stories, graphic novels, movies, plays and poems, Ernest Hemingway has been introduced or "appropriated" as an important fictional character. This book is an inquiry into that phenomenon from various perspectives and deals with such questions as what, if anything, this biographical fiction adds to the dialogue about America's best known writer"--
- 9780786479771 (softcover : acid-free paper)
0786479779 (softcover : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 246-254) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14423768