Nwanyibu : womanbeing & African literature / edited by Phanuel Akubueze Egejuru and Ketu H. Katrak
- Additional Titles:
- Womanbeing & African literature
- Trenton, NJ : Africa World Press, 1997.
- 1st Africa World Press, Inc. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 168 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Egejuru, Phanuel Akubueze
Katrak, Ketu H.
African Literature Association. Meeting (17th : 1991 : Loyola University)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Annual selected papers of the ALA ; no. 1
- The paradox of womanbeing and the female principle in Igbo cosmology / Phanuel Akubueze Egejuru -- A reading of Ama Ata Aidoo's Anowa / N. Jane Opoku-Agyemang -- Female perspectives in African literature / Emmanuel Obiechina -- Female choices, the militant option in Buchi Emecheta's Destination Biafra and Alice Walker's Meridian / Pauline Ada Uwakweh -- Beyond femaleness, Beryl Markham, Africa's adopted daughter in West with the wind / Mary A. McCay -- The dynamics of power in Mudimbe's Before the birth of the moon / Janice Spleth -- The battlefield of politics and selfhood in Bessie Head's A question of power / Natasha Vaubel -- Black women writers, English fiction in a new South Africa / Elizabeth Taylor -- Zoe Wicomb's You can't get lost in Cape Town, "A new clean Voice" / Carol Sicherman -- From La Noire de... to Milk and Honey, Portraits of the alienated African woman / Janis L. Pallister -- Sow Fall, Sembene, Achebe and Senghor, literary representations of political realities / Hal Wylie -- Anti-colonialist and womanist discourse in the works of Jamaica Kincaid and Simone Schwwarz-Bart / Gerise Herndon.
- "17th Annual Meeting of the African Literature Association held at Loyola University in New Orleans, Louisiana, from March 20 to 23, 1991"--P. .
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 1442387