Pseudo one-dimensional analysis of polymer electrolyte fuel cell cold-start [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2009. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper investigates the electrochemical kinetics, oxygen transport, and solid water formation in polymer electrolyte fuel cell (PEFC) during cold start. Following [Yo Wang, J. Electrochem. Soc., 154 (2007) B1041-B1048], we develop a pseudo one-dimensional analysis, which enables the evaluation of the impact of ice volume fraction and temperature variations on cell performance during cold-start. The oxygen profile, starvation ice volume fraction, and relevant overpotentials are obtained. This study is valuable for studying the characteristics of PEFC cold-start.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2009., "la-ur-09-04173", " la-ur-09-4173", 216th ECS Meeting ; October 4, 2009 ; Vienna, Austria., and Mukherjee, Partha P; Mukundan, Rangachary; Borup, Rodney L; Wang, Yun; Mishlera, Jeff.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14445130