EFFECT OF NITRATE ON THE REPASSIVATION POTENTIAL OF ALLOY 22 IN CHLORIDE CONTAINING ENVIRONMENTS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 16 pages; size: 0.6 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The study of Alloy 22 was undertaken in several selected nitrate/chloride (NO₃⁻/Cl⁻) electrolytes with chloride concentrations [Cl⁻] of 1.0, 3.5 and 6.0 molal with [NO₃ ⁻]/[Cl⁻] ratios of 0.05, 0.15 and 0.5 at temperatures up to 100 C. Results showed that the repassivation potentials increased with increase in [NO₃ ⁻]/[Cl⁻] ratio and decreased with increase in temperature. The absolute [Cl⁻] was found to have less of an effect on the repassivation potential compared with temperature and the NO₃ ⁻/Cl⁻. Regression analyses were carried out and expressions were derived to describe the relationship between the repassivation potential, temperature, [Cl⁻] and [NO₃ ⁻] for the conditions tested.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-proc-206102
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at: 206th Meeting Of the Electrochemical Society, Honolulu, HI, United States, Oct 03 - Oct 08, 2004.
Gordon, S; King, K; Gdowski, G; Summers, T; Elayat, H; Ilevbare, G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14445263