Monte-Carlo simulation of surface growth. Final report for period September 15, 1997-September 14, 2001 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Southern University and A & M College, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We have carried out simulations using various methods on models of epitaxial growth. We have investigated both homoepitaxial as well as heteroepitaxial growth. We have studied the effects of evaporation, island coarsening, strain due to lattice mismatch, three dimensional islands submonolayer growth, and self-organization in quantum dot superlattices. The results of our investigations are of significance to the understanding of material properties at the nanoscale.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/25343-2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 09/15/1997 - 09/14/2001
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14446226