Modeling of beam loss in Tevatron and backgrounds in the BTeV detector [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 307 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Detailed STRUCT simulations are performed on beam loss rates in the vicinity of the BTeV detector in the Tevatron CO interaction region due to beam-gas nuclear elastic interactions and out-scattering from the collimation system. Corresponding showers induced in the machine components and background rates in BTeV are modeled with the MARS14 code. It is shown that the combination of a steel collimator and concrete shielding wall located in front of the detector can reduce the accelerator-related background rates in the detector by an order of magnitude.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/07/2004., "fermilab-conf-04/099-ad", EPAC'04, Lucerne (CH), 07/05/2004--07/09/2004., and Nikolai V. Mokhov; Alexandr I. Drozhdin.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14447028