Understanding the Potential and Limitations of Dilute Nitride Alloys for Solar Cells [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Dilute nitride alloys provide a powerful tool for engineering the band gap and lattice constant of III-V alloys. However, nitrogen degrades the performance of GaAs solar cells. This project seeks to understand and demonstrate the limits of performance of GaInNAs alloys by (a) correlating deep-level transient spectroscopy (DLTS) data with device performance and (b) using molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) to reduce background impurity concentrations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/2005., "nrel/cp-520-38998", and Young, M.; Kurtz, S.; Olson, J.; Kramer, C.; Branz, H.; Crandall, R.; Johnston, S.; Geisz, J.; Friedman, D.; Kibbler, A.; McMahon, W.; Ptak, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14447130