Sensitivity analysis using parallel ODE solvers and automatic differentiation in C [electronic resource] : sensPVODE and ADIC
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-FILE: 13 ; SIZE: 0.5 MBYTES pages
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- PVODE is a high-performance ordinary differential equation solver for the types of initial value problems (IVPs) that arise in large-scale computational simulations. often, one wants to compute sensitivities with respect to certain parameters in the IVP. They discuss the use of automatic differentiation (AD) to compute these sensitivities in the context of PVODE. Results on a simple test problem indicate that the use of AD-generated derivative code can reduce the time to solution over finite difference approximations.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
3rd International Conference/Workshop on Automatic Differentiation: From Simulation to Optimization, Nice (FR), 06/19/2000--06/23/2000.
Lee, S L; Hovland, P D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14447299