Impermeable thin AI2O3 overlay for TBC protection from sulfate and vanadate attack in gas turbines [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- University of Pittsburgh, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- α - Al₂O₃ overlay has been deposited on the YSZ surface by the composite-sol-gel route (CSG). Hot corrosion tests were carried out on the TBCs with and without Al₂O₃ coating in molten salt mixtures (Na₂SO₄ + 5%V₂O₅). The results showed that besides a thin and dense alumina overlay with the thickness of about 100-500 nm formed on the YSZ surface, the microcracks and porous near the surface in YSZ was also occupied by alumina because of penetration of the low viscosity precursor.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/30/2005., and Scott X. Mao.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14447443