Self-Diffusion Along Step-Bottoms on Pt(111) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 42 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- First-principles total energies of periodic vicinals are used to estimate barriers for Pt-adatom diffusion along straight and kinked steps on Pt(111), and around a corner where straight steps intersect. In all cases studied, hopping diffusion has a lower barrier than concerted substitution. In conflict with simulations of dendritic Pt island formation on Pt(111), hopping from a corner site to a step whose riser is a (111)-micro facet is predicted to be more facile than to one whose riser is a (100).
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand99-0845j
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review B FT
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14447834